Tuesday, April 24, 2007

4/24/07 -

I can really see things starting to come together in my form practice today, and I have begun to concentrate more my breaking starting today. It should be a pretty fun routine! I have listed some of the books that have influenced my life, especially my martial art life, and I the one that comes back to me every day is Stephen Covey's book about highly successful people. I truly find the benefit of reminding myself of these habits daily. I have used a Franklin/Covey Planner for years and have used it to keep me focused and on track.

Being a student who was labeled "hyperactive" as a child I had to find ways to keep focus. Martial arts and the Covey system are the two that have benefited me most. I think that ability to prioritize and organize your time is one of the most valuable skills you can give your children and I now require reading "The Seven Habits Book" for all those testing for black belt.

Training for any endeavor will all come back to keeping to basic good habits and getting rid of bad habits. If you can focus on the basics, and I am not just talking kicks and punches, but eating well, getting sleep, balanced exercise, giving attention to relationships, etc... you will be 90% there!

No comments: